Just wanted to show you some brushwork I'm trying again. The tricky part is getting it hot enough without too much ash to obliterate the designs. Placement in the kiln is everything... well very, very important anyway. Last time I tried it, I ended up with too much running. I know this type of work is usually saggered... but, I gotta' try it this way.
Next new thing I'm going to try is making my own handles. I have been making grape vine handles from vines on the edge of the woods. There are three for starters.
This is a very small kyusu that should hold about 5 oz, good for gyokuro.
I did some handbuilding too... A sake set made out of slabs, before glazing...