Saturday, April 24, 2010

First Peek...looking good!



I like what I see... I tried a "new" wood, actually I tried it a long time ago and have been wanting to try it again, and it gave the pieces closer to the top the light blue-lavender highlights I wanted. Goes nice with the blue/turquoise. I will definately find more now. My ash book by Phil Rogers has a wealth of information in it as does Jack Troy's Wood-fired Stoneware and Porcelain book. I read a lot. Can't wait to take down the door and start unloading. Mary Ann wants to go out to eat, so when we get back it will be cool enough. It's gone past that huge 3% "crystalobite shrink" at 500F.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOOHHH looks so good it gives me shivers!!!! Love those mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bill,

    What a nice feeling, isn't it opening the kiln
    for the first time. It's like opening a treasure chest. I feel like making some ceramics too.

    kind regards,
    Fallen Leaf
    The Netherlands, Europe

    ReplyDelete