Sunday, August 12, 2012

NEW KILN TIME

I have started the rebuild of my manabigama. I am carefully taking down everything, cleaning all the bricks up and then I am going to rebuild a new, bigger and better kiln. I have a few pictures of the start... of the physical part, as I have been designing, planning and researching for over a year now.

Image

Took the pavers and insulation off the right side.

Image

Saving the kaowool blanket!

Image

Now I added a temporary support (the cover sheet from the steel roof order for the kiln shed extension) for the bricks. Once I start taking out the key bricks, the catenary arch, which is self supporting, will fall in. I don't want them to break or chip, super duty's are not cheap!

Image

Temporary supports.

Image

Almost done with the bricks but still need to take down the pavers below.

Image

Temporary support removed leaving the base section.

No comments:

Post a Comment